Friday, June 17, 2011

Meet...my Tatay.

"That is the thankless position of the father in the family-the provider for all, 
and the enemy of all."
~
August Strindberg

     It's true. I am experiencing it right now. What ever I do or wanted to do, my father always contradict everything. Even though I know that being jealous is a sin, I always feel that way to my younger brother because most of the time, it's always me whom he easily get mad at. And since he is like that, there comes a time that I would think of wrong things.

     I often get annoyed whenever he says "Ano yun?" when I'm talking to someone, whereas he is not involved in the discussion. Will you feel the same way too? or will you not?  Considering that he happens to do it All the Time. I know in myself that I am full of patience but this really keeps on bothering me, a lot.

     So I decided to run into my mother, (who else can I run to?) asked for her opinions and advices. My decision was a super, duper, great idea! I knew she would be a big help. My mother explained to me everything. From being a short-tempered dad, up to those unnecessary little things that I notice at him. 

     According to my mom, my father doesn't stop disagreeing with us, me and my sibling. This is because he cares for us. He is concerned for our safety. In school, at our friend's place, or even just outside our house. To make it easier, he loves us.
     
     And that's it. My 'thinking of wrong things' is over. Now I realized I was wrong, getting mad to your pop? Really wrong. He who attends meetings at school, who gives his time and effort just to come with me and help in our Brigada yearly, who accompanies me to school whenever our service is not around, he who taught me different kinds of sports like basketball, chess, badminton, volleyball, billiard, etc., especially Table Tennis, where he coached and trained me until I grabbed the champion. He's a cool and awesome father. I'm happy and thankful at the same time.

     I'm glad to have a father like my dad. 
Happy Father's Day, Tatay!

No comments:

Post a Comment